[U-Boot] [U-Boot, 1/2] ti: armv7: enable EXT support in SPL (using ti_armv7_common.h)

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:19:20 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Guillaume Gardet
<guillaume.gardet at free.fr> wrote:
> n files ./arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap3/{board.c, sys_info.c} there are some ASM
> instructions lines, including MCR and MRC instructions which are ARM only
> (no thumb).
> This may be the problem?
I tested this by faking out this assemble code with no change in
behaviour.  In particular:
* commented out the body of the secureworld_exit (not relevant)
* hardcoded the cpuid for get_cpu_id
* pretended to be in SRAM for get_base

I agree it seems a bit odd to have assembly inlined without explicitly
switching between ARM and thumb mode but my knowledge of interworking
is pretty limited.  FWIW, an objdump --special-syms just shows ARM
mode as far as I can see.

I suspect testing u-boot v2015.07 on another OMAP35xx platform besides
Overo will be most useful to confirm the scope of the problem.  Anyone
have a board and willing to test? I'm happy to send binaries :).

--Ash