[U-Boot] [RFC] Sunxi NAND support for U-Boot

Roy Spliet r.spliet at ultimaker.com
Fri Jun 5 13:52:33 CEST 2015

Following up on earlier SPL patches, here a series based on Yassin Jaffer's
work to bring NAND support to U-boot. RFC because I know that the sunxi nand
configuration options are dependent on a work-in-progress by Daniel - trying
to deliver a single SPL for both MMC and NAND boot.
Given I have spent the past few weeks learning how Boris' original driver
works, I have probably grown a bit blind for potentially existing issues.
Please provide plenty of feedback so I can bring this in good shape.

Patches tested on an Olimex Lime with 4GB Hynix nand. Has a partition as
defined in sunxi-common.h with two UBIFS partitions (boot, rootfs) set up in
Linux. To me it feels self-explanatory how to set this up, but I've spent the
last few weeks full-time on this, implying my view of the world and how it
revolves around MTD is rather distorted. Feel free to ask directed questions
if you desire assistance in setting up and/or testing.
Thanks!

Roy

--

IMAGINE IT >> MAKE IT