[U-Boot] [RFC 02/11] mtd/nand: add ONFI timing mode to nand_timings converter

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 10:33:38 CEST 2015

Hi Scott,

On June 8, 2015, 8:24 p.m., Scott Wood wrote:

<snip>

 >> Correct, my apologies as I should have clarified that "work by Boris
 >> Brezillon" does not
 >> mean "upsteam work". The code comes from Boris' github tree[1] and
 >> contains work
 >> that was not yet brought upstream, yet is required for NAND on sunxi
 >> to work.
 >>> It would probably be better to handle this as part of a general
 >>> sync
 >>> with the Linux mtd code.
 >> Ideally yes, but. In upstream Linux MTD we have a few issues to
 >> address as shown
 >> by Boris' patch-set, most importantly:
 >> - NAND chip timings (patch 1 to 3)
 >
 > Patches 1-3 are already in Linux (if there are subtle differences
 > needed those should be followup patches, with an explanation of why it
 > needs to differ from Linux), except that patch 3 for some reason has
 > "onfi_timing_mode_ds" where Linux has "onfi_timing_mode_default".
 >
 > I will try to do a sync soon.

If you could do that that would be great, that should at least shrink
the size of this patch-set by 3 patches.

I assume that you will not be sending a pull-req for this sync for
v2015.07, if you can make a git branch with the sync available
somewhere for us to build on top of, then that would be great.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans