[U-Boot] Regarding learning reference of uboot loading secondary uboot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jun 11 03:08:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 27 May 2015 at 21:41,  <pratapnaidu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>                 Thanks for of your time and quick replies.  The idea seems
> to be good, but still confused with the way to implement it. Please help me
> to give a final thought to solve this with the existing framework, sorry for
> my inexperience with u-boot, kindly enlighten with the following:
>
> 1) How to sign the primary and secondary u-boot image with the same key,
> after that  do i need to write a routine similar to  “bootm_find_os”  or
> “bootm_find_loadables" to find the secondary uboot image and load it into
> the memory,

If the first U-Boot is in read-only flash then it cannot be updated,
so does not need to be signed. If it is in read-write flash, then you
probably can't prevent it being overwritten. You could protect half of
the flash, perhaps, and put the read-only U-Boot in the proetced half.

Yes you can write a simple routine to load it.

> 2) can we have a dummy fit image with only secondary u-boot image within the
> .its file for the first u-boot loader

I don't understand this sorry.

> 3)Sorry to ask you this, do you have any  partial code i can follow and
> shred some light to carry on further.

I don't have anything that reads a read-write U-Boot and jumps to it,
other than the Chrome OS code that i think you have.

> I really thanks you to answer my all questions with patience,i would have
> not disturbed you, but because of project dead-line i was forced to be
> carried out with the situation.

OK. Please try to make the questions clear so that I can understand
what you are asking.

> Thanks,
> pratap

Regards,