[U-Boot] [RFC] Sunxi NAND support for U-Boot

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Sun Jun 14 13:13:45 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'm eventually joining the discussion (better late than never ;-)).

You'll find my comments in each patch (or answers to those patches).

On Fri,  5 Jun 2015 13:52:33 +0200
Roy Spliet <r.spliet at ultimaker.com> wrote:

> Following up on earlier SPL patches, here a series based on Yassin Jaffer's
> work to bring NAND support to U-boot. RFC because I know that the sunxi nand
> configuration options are dependent on a work-in-progress by Daniel - trying
> to deliver a single SPL for both MMC and NAND boot.
> Given I have spent the past few weeks learning how Boris' original driver
> works, I have probably grown a bit blind for potentially existing issues.
> Please provide plenty of feedback so I can bring this in good shape.
>
> Patches tested on an Olimex Lime with 4GB Hynix nand. Has a partition as
> defined in sunxi-common.h with two UBIFS partitions (boot, rootfs) set up in
> Linux. To me it feels self-explanatory how to set this up, but I've spent the
> last few weeks full-time on this, implying my view of the world and how it
> revolves around MTD is rather distorted. Feel free to ask directed questions
> if you desire assistance in setting up and/or testing.
> Thanks!

That would be great to have a summary of the changelog in the cover
letter (you can generate it with --cover-letter when you generate your
patches using git format-patch).

Best Regards,

Boris

--