[U-Boot] corrupted tags in git://git.denx.de/u-boot ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 26 08:12:12 CEST 2015

Dear Tom,
dear Igor,

In message <20150625132731.GC28577 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> > > It seems that the check for termination with '\n' in tag headers
> > > started to be a requirement from git version 2.2.0?
> > So apparently the tags  LABEL_2006_03_12_0025, LABEL_2006_04_18_1106,
> > and LABEL_2006_05_19_1133 are affected.
> > IIUC it should be a harmless thing to just recreate the same tags
> > (referring to the same commits)?  Or can anybody see any problems tha
> > might be caused by such a tag re-creation?  I mean, it is not like a
> > rebase of the repository or something like that?  Right?
>
> Lets take it up on the git list and ask for help/advice?

Well, the summary of the comments on the git list is like this:

        I am inclined to say that these messages are that recent Git
        barking at a non-errors, and hopefully there is nothing other
        than ignoring them you have to do until it gets fixed.

See [1] for more details.

At the moment I tend to just wait for the results of the ongoing
discussion,  It appears to me that we might need no changes to the
existing repo.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/272689/focus=272704

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.
                                      -- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875