[U-Boot] FEL mode broken since "sunxi: Move all boards to the driver-model"

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 17:28:26 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 26-06-15 21:50, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Sorry for only just noticing this, but it looks like FEL mode doesn't
> work on my cubietruck since this commit. I get the SPL output:
>
> U-Boot SPL 2015.04-00665-gb6006ba (Jun 26 2015 - 20:38:50)
> DRAM: 2048 MiB
> CPU: 912000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
>
> But then nothing.

Right, that is expected, all the "fel spl" command does is load the
spl, you need to do something like this to fel boot:

sudo ~hans/bin/fel version
echo Write SPL
sudo ~hans/bin/fel spl u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
echo Exec SPL
sudo ~hans/bin/fel exe 0x2000
sleep 0.5
echo Write u-boot
sudo ~hans/bin/fel write 0x4a000000 u-boot-dtb.bin
echo Exec u-boot
sudo ~hans/bin/fel exe 0x4a000000

Are you doing that ? Also note that you now need to use
u-boot-dtb.bin not u-boot.bin .

> Or have I missed some change in how I should be using it?
>
> Later versions (with CONFIG_FEL gone) exhibit similar behaviour when
> using the new "spl fel" method too, so I got that memo at least...
>
> u-boot-sunxi.git#next has the issue too.
>
> Do you know what this is likely to be

See above.

> or shall I try and find some time
> to investigate?

If that is not it it would be greay if you can find some time to
investigate this.

Regards,

Hans