[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-sunxi master (fixes for v2015.07)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 17:39:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 26-06-15 23:05, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:13:51PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Please pull u-boot-sunxi/master into master for two bug-fixes,
>> and one new board:
>>
>> The following changes since commit 325849ff3d4adeebb8f8f9bc5db950724df9bc21:
>>
>>    Merge git://git.denx.de/u-boot-usb (2015-06-19 16:46:51 -0400)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>    http://git.denx.de/u-boot-sunxi.git master
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to cbf389d94bf300a38d0a26f5aab2efbc9d76a56c:
>>
>>    sunxi: Add Sinlinx SinA33 defconfig (2015-06-26 11:56:33 +0200)
>>

> NAK, this needs a rework now, sorry!  Joe's changes mean the new
> defconfig needs updating.

Ugh, I'm somewhat surprised with these changes, both with the
contents of the changes, as with changes like these landing so
late in the cycle, esp. since these are not uncontroversial.

I've the feeling that these were merged without proper discussion
which is not good, and is esp. bad when it is done so late in the
cycle.

In essense these changes revert my earlier commit where I explictly added:

config CMD_SETEXPR
	default y

config CMD_NET
	default y

And not only does the just merged series revert these changes, to make
things worse it adds a whole lot more crap to the sunxi defconfigs.

Excuse my language but I've no other words for this, something which
we want enabled on every single sunxi board does not belong in the
defconfigs, we now have defconfig files where more of the lines are
this crap / noise, rather then actual board config, we really need
a better solution for providing per SoC defaults then just having them
all in the defconfig, having them all in the defconfig is crazy, esp.
as more and more compile time config gets moved into Kconfig.

So once more I find both the contents and the time of merging of
this patch-set ill advised, and I'm NOT happy with these changes.

Regards,

Hans