[U-Boot] git fsck errors with u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 13:29:32 CEST 2015

Dear "Liam R. Howlett",

In message <20150629173158.GD24644 at yow-lhowlett-d0.wrs.com> you wrote:

> Since git 2.1, there have been a number of new fsck options added which
> produce issues when I clone & fsck the repository
> git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
> I think these issues were already reported here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg175411.html but
> were not reproducible.   Can you see if they can be reproduced using a
> newer git (2.4 or 2.3) and git fsck --full ?

Indeed these have been reported before - see the full thread at [1]

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/223976

To summarize: there is no problem with the U-Boot repository, but a
false positive in git; the git folks are working on it, and it will
problebly be fixed in later versions of git.  There is no need for any
action on our side.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
:       I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't
: cut it.  Any ideas?  (I take it that it may be a two-pass sort of solution).
In the first pass, install perl. :-) Larry Wall <6849 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>