[U-Boot] [u-boot 14/40] usb: dwc3: linux-compat: Add header for dwc3 linux compatibiltiy

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Mon Mar 2 13:56:03 CET 2015

Hi Marek,

> On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 12:28:18 PM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> > Hi Marek,
>
> Hi!

> > > Hi
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Should be in topic/dwc3 , everyone please check if all is good
> > > there.
> >
> > I think that I've written some comments in the other mail.
> >
> > In short:
> >
> > In the topic/dwc3 we are missing linux compatibility rework done by
> > Kishon.
> >
> > Only on top of it we could add my fixes for dwc3.
> >
> > So, it should go as follow:
> > 1. Kishon's 40 patches (dwc3 port)
> > 2. Kishin's linux compat rework
> > 3. Mine: usb: composite: Add .reset callback to usb_gadget_driver
> > structur
> >
> > 4. On top of point 3 I would need to prepare new patch set with
> > fixes.
>
> Maybe you can prepare those fixes on top of the current ones ? Would
> that work?

The problem here is with point 2. When do we want to apply linux-compat
rework from Kishon?

Marek, does the presented above scheme work for you?

> Also, I'm a bit inclined to postpone applying all this stuff until
> 2015.04 is out, what do you think ?

We may look how things would go. I've scheduled some time in a very
near future to work on upstreaming dwc3.

> Best regards,
> Marek Vasut

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group