[U-Boot] MinnowBoard Max uboot

Beaman, Thomas Thomas.Beaman at xerox.com
Mon Mar 9 16:08:41 CET 2015

Hi Simon,

I see you have put support for the MinnowBoard Max in the u-boot mainline. Thanks this is a very useful addition.  I have been able to follow your readme and build a working bare metal uboot. Using the built uboot I can load and bring up a Linux Kernel.

What I noticed from the running kernel is that only one of the two cores on the E3825 is running. In the power PC uboots I usually see a section for the multiple cores in the .dts file. My questions is how do I get both CPUs running on this board. Is it a uboot .dts file setup that will enable this, or is something in the kernel start up that does this.

As a test I boot the same kernel using the EFI BIOS on the minnow board and both CPUs are running.

Any suggestions or comments you have would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Tom Beaman