[U-Boot] [U-Boot, 1/2, v4] powerpc/mpc85xx: SECURE BOOT- NAND secure boot target for P3041

aneesh.bansal at freescale.com aneesh.bansal at freescale.com
Tue Mar 10 18:52:40 CET 2015

The problems that I see here are:
1.  Can SRAM address be changed without disabling and re-configuring CPC as SRAM ?
2.  Assuming that above is possible,

We are executing from CPC configured as SRAM with address as 0xBFF0_0000. (Because of 3.5 G Limitation)
We create a LAW for 0xFFF0_0000 to map to CPC and
change the address of SRAM in CPC controller from BFF0_0000 to 0xFFF0_0000. (If it is possible... need to check this)
But now the Code which was executing is executing from 0xBFFx_xxxx. So the CPC controller will reject this since configured address for SRAM is different.
NOR can have two addresses as IFC controller ignores the upper bit but this is not possible with CPC.

To avoid this, even if we create a TLB Entry to map the virtual address 0xBFFx_xxxx to 0xFFFx_xxxx, then we have a race condition. Which step to do first?
Creation of TLB entry or changing the address of SRAM in CPC controller.
Because the current execution PC is 0xBFFx_xxxx (CPC as SRAM)

-Aneesh