[U-Boot] DRAM initialization hangs on MX28EVK rev. D

Adrien Decostre ad.decostre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:44:17 CET 2015

Dear all,

I am quite new to uboot and I am experimenting it on a iMX28 EVK board
(rev. D).

I am building the uboot (2014.07 version) by means of buildroot (version
2014.08) and I am using the standard mxs-bootlet package provided by
buildroot.

When trying to boot the EVK, it hangs after DRAM initialization as shown
below.

The EVK itself seems ok since barebox (also built with buildroot) can
successfully starts up.

I have read that such problem has been seem on iMX28 EVK rev A but I am not
aware of any DDR related issue on the iMX28 EVK rev D board.

Would anyone have already seen such issue and know if some patches are
required in uboot?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion

Best regards

Adrien

Uboot log:

PowerPrep start initialize power...

Battery Voltage = 2.21V

No battery or bad battery
detected!!!.Disabling battery                                   voltage
measurements./r/nMar 13 201515:40:12

FRAC 0x92925552

memory type is DDR2

                   Wait for ddr ready 1power 0x00820616

Frac 0x92925552

start change cpu freq

hbus 0x00000003

cpu 0x00010001

start test memory accress

ddr2 0x40000000

finish simple test

U-Boot 2014.07 (Mar 13 2015 - 15:40:15)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX28 rev1.2 at 454 MHz

BOOT:  NAND 8GiB 3,3V 8-bit

SPI:   ready

DRAM: