[U-Boot] No console output once kernel starts loading.

Graeme Russ gruss at tss-engineering.com
Mon Mar 16 12:10:27 CET 2015

Hi David,

On 05/03/15 09:46, DaveKucharczyk wrote:
> I'm currently working on the kernel dtb for our MX53 board.
>
> U-boot loads the dtb and kernel and then gets stuck at "starting kernel...".
>
> I've triple checked the uart pad setup in imx53.dtsi

This is probably a long shot, but I had the same issue when I did the
original x86 port. It turned out that I had not routed the UART
interrupt signal correctly in U-Boot - I think the Linux kernel may have
been waiting on some kind of interrupt from the UART (probably buffer
empty) before it sent anything to it.

Regards,

Graeme