[U-Boot] iMX6 IPU configuration by EDID

Luca Ellero luca.ellero at brickedbrain.com
Tue Mar 17 11:04:56 CET 2015

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure IPU on a iMX6 based platform by reading EDID
from the external monitor.

Everything seem to work fine except for the pixelclock. In particular my
monitor has a standard resolution of 1280x1024 at 60 (108 MHz pixelclock).

When the function ipu_init_sync_panel (file ipu_disp.c) is called it
correctly receive 108 MHz as pixelclock. but during the execution of
this function it gets rounded to 130 MHz.

I can see that the function calls clk_round_rate to round the clock to
130 MHz but it's not clear for me how it works.

Can someone please tell me how to get the exact pixelclock I would like
to achieve? I've carefully read the iMX6 manual but it's not very useful
in this case.

Another doubt that I have regards the field "ext_clk" of parameter
"ipu_di_signal_cfg_t sig". In this case, is it better to set it or not?

Thanks
Regards
Luca

--