[U-Boot] 64Bit device tree compilation

Hanna Hawa hannah at marvell.com
Wed Mar 18 18:17:30 CET 2015

Hi Simon,

My name is Hanna, I'm working in Software team in Marvell with Yehuda.

I'm trying to run U-Boot with FDT in 64Bit.
I've issue when I'm trying to load the image on my board, I got abort (**Synchronous Abort**)
Exactly when the U-boot run fdt_addr_to_cpu(*cell) under lib/fdtdec.c

The issue is the format of the FDT is 32Bit, and Big Endian mode.

After some debug, I changed the typedef of fdt_size, and fdt_addr to be u32.
Also fdt_addr_to_cpu, and fdt_size_to_cpu  to use u32 swap, it works.

My question is:
Is that correct to change the typedef to use u32Bit?

Thanks,
Hanna