[U-Boot] multi-image uImage with fitImage

fat loser george.cluniac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:40:24 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am currently attempting to port my combined uImage and ramdisk image +
dtb over to the fitImage format. I am creating a linux kernel + ramdisk
with buildroot and dt blob with buildroot. The .its I am using to create a
fitImage is below:

/dts-v1/;
/ {
        description = "Linux kernel";
        #address-cells = <1>;
        images {
                kernel at 1 {
                        description = "Linux kernel";
                        data = /incbin/("/tftpboot/uImage");
                        arch = "arm";
                        os = "linux";
                        type = "multi";
                        compression = "none";
                        load = <0x89008000>;
                        entry = <0x89008000>;
                };
                fdt at 1 {
                        description = "Flattened Device Tree blob";
                        data = /incbin/("/tftpboot/arm.dtb");
                        type = "flat_dt";
                        arch = "arm";
                        compression = "none";
                };
        };
        configurations {
                default = "conf at 1";
                conf at 1 {
                        description = "Boot Linux kernel";
                        kernel = "kernel at 1";
                        fdt = "fdt at 1";
                };
        };
};

After tftp'ing the .itb over to address 0x89000000 and running bootm, I get:

# bootm
   Using 'conf at 1' configuration
   Trying 'kernel at 1' kernel subimage
     Type:         Multi-File Image
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x890000d0
     Data Size:    28604352 Bytes = 27.3 MiB
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... OK
No Linux ARM Kernel Image Image
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

The images work perfectly before I try to combine them into a fitImage.

Is there a special configuration option for multi-file (combined
ramdisk-kernel) images in fitImage?

Regards,

George.