[U-Boot] question about software i2c multi instance

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Mon Mar 23 09:28:28 CET 2015

Hi Bo,

> Hi Heiko,
>    After check the software i2c code, I found it can not support
> multi instances, although it has I2C_SOFT_DECLARATIONS2,
> I2C_SOFT_DECLARATIONS3, I2C_SOFT_DECLARATIONS4.
>    Because, when do GPIO operation, there is only one pair of
> CONFIG_SOFT_I2C_GPIO_SCL and CONFIG_SOFT_I2C_GPIO_SDA.
>    So, if want to support multi instances, it needs to extend the
> GPIO configuration for SCL/SDA, am I right?

Some time ago we had a similar problem with SW I2C code. Please look
into Samsung's trats board implementation.

However, such approach might be outdated, since Przemek is working on
porting this functionality to device model:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/448460/

>    Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bo Shen

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group