[U-Boot] Adding support for red pitaya zynq board; is zynq working?

Jeremy Herbert jeremy.006 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:08:58 CET 2015

Hi all,

I just tried to build the latest master mainline u-boot for a xilinx zynq
7010 board called the red pitaya. I'm not affiliated at all with the board,
just trying to use it with a recent version of u-boot (and linux).
Unfortunately it gets stuck in a reset loop (I wasn't able to nail down
why, but it was definitely something in u-boot). However, I was able to
successfully build u-boot using the xilinx fork here:
https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx and have it work fine.

I've attached the patch I made to add minimal support for the red pitaya
(SD boot only, no ethernet as it uses an unsupported lantiq chipset). It is
the policy of the xilinx u-boot fork that board support should be pushed
straight upstream, but I'm not sure if this is the right place seeing as
the upstream version doesn't currently work. Could someone please give me
some advice on what to do with this patch?

Thanks,
Jeremy