[U-Boot] v2015.04-rc4: broken for custom TI-based board

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat Mar 28 16:11:09 CET 2015

Hi,

On 19 March 2015 at 06:11, Igor Grinberg <grinberg at compulab.co.il> wrote:
> On 03/19/15 12:43, Peter Kuemmel wrote:
>>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. März 2015 um 08:11 Uhr
>>> Von: "Igor Grinberg" <grinberg at compulab.co.il>
>>> An: "Peter Kuemmel" <syntheticpp at gmx.net>, u-boot at lists.denx.de
>>> Cc: "Nikita Kiryanov" <nikita at compulab.co.il>
>>> Betreff: Re: [U-Boot] v2015.04-rc4: broken for custom TI-based board
>>>
>>> Hi Peter,

>>> IIUC, we have a working v2015.01 and non working v2015.04-rc4?

>>> Not sure. May be you can run a quick git bisect?
>>> v2015.01 .. v2015.04-rc4 shouldn't be too much.
>>
>> After bisecting it figures out that the default configuration
>> does not work: I have to disable "Enable Driver Model for serial drivers"
>> But still have to enable the "Driver Model", even without any other drivers
>> are selected. (Seems I have to read some documentation about the driver model).
>
> Adding Simon to Cc.
> Simon, can you please shed some light on this?

If you look in this file there is platform data for the serial port:

arch/arm/cpu/armv7/am33xx/board.c

U_BOOT_DEVICES(am33xx_uarts) = {

Do you think this might be missing for this board?

For the omap3 boards it is supported to be here:
arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap3/board.c

But perhaps for some reason it is not included?

Regards,
Simon