[U-Boot] Can't boot DaVinci EVM with Green Hills' Integrity OS

noti1234 idan.noti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:44:06 CEST 2015

I'm having problems booting my DaVinci board with Green-Hills' Integrity OS.
My setup is:
Hardware: TI's DaVinci EVM:
http://www.spectrumdigital.com/product_info.php?products_id=192
u-boot: u-boot-2015.4-rc3. Configured for dvevm with elf support.

* If the board's flash is programmed with u-boot then the Integrity OS
initialization process gets stuck.
* If the board's flash is erased (which means I get BOOTME BOOTME requests)
then the Integrity OS initialization process, using Green Hills probe
(something like JTAG), works fine.

This behavior is strange. It seems that something in the u-boot
initialization process, messes up something for the Integrity OS to run
smoothly.

To make things clearer:
The u-boot works fine before trying to boot the Integrity OS elf. I can read
memory regions, write, tftp, etc.
The problem is that the init process of the Integrity OS gets stuck.
So currently I can only boot the board using the Green Hills probe, when the
flash has no boot loader.

Do you have any idea how to approach this problem? Any way to debug it?

Thanks