[U-Boot] [RFC] Booting Xen from a FIT - Additional discussion about a refactor

Karl Apsite Karl.Apsite at dornerworks.com
Fri May 1 18:21:24 CEST 2015

Hi Simon,
I Added the email listed in the test script to this conversation

>>> Please do add tests for the new functionality - see test/image for
>>> some existing tests. Python is preferred if the test is non-trivial.
>>
>> Absolutely, I'll be sure to include some tests in the patch(es)..
>
> Great. This area of U-Boot has had a lot of undocumented or untested
> behaviour. It has got a bit better but your boot function sounds like
> another step in the right direction.

I took a look at the current set of tests, and I'm not sure what's required to
run them.  Is there an undocumented runner in the Makefile?  I can run the
specified make target to prepare for the tests it sounds like:
`make O=sandbox sandbox_config`

However trying to run the script just generated errors about missing images.

Do you know what's needed to run the script?

Log:
$ test/image/test-imagetools.sh

Building multi-file image...
# sandbox/tools/mkimage -A x86 -O linux -T multi -n "v1.0-test" -d
sandbox/boot/vmlinuz:sandbox/boot/initrd.img:sandbox/boot/System.map linux.img
test/image/test-imagetools.sh: line 73: sandbox/tools/mkimage: No such file or
directory
done.

Extracting multi-file image contents...
# sandbox/tools/dumpimage -T multi -i linux.img -p 0 vmlinuz
test/image/test-imagetools.sh: line 73: sandbox/tools/dumpimage: No such file or
directory
# sandbox/tools/dumpimage -T multi -i linux.img -p 1 initrd.img
test/image/test-imagetools.sh: line 73: sandbox/tools/dumpimage: No such file or
directory
# sandbox/tools/dumpimage -T multi -i linux.img -p 2 System.map
test/image/test-imagetools.sh: line 73: sandbox/tools/dumpimage: No such file or
directory
# sandbox/tools/dumpimage -T multi -i linux.img -p 2 System.map -o test_output
test/image/test-imagetools.sh: line 73: sandbox/tools/dumpimage: No such file or
directory
done.
diff: vmlinuz: No such file or directory
Failed.