[U-Boot] Fix fsl_elbc_nand driver

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu May 21 04:46:20 CEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 19:42 -0700, Andrei Yakimov wrote:
> For now lets stick with 1536 in u-boot.
> I will send a patch.
> At least it will not loosing flash over time
> as nand ages.
>
> I understand what you wish, and will take a look
> on it inside fresh new kernel. I found one more driver  -
> marvel looks like have same problem.
> I will check how NAND_CMD_RNDOUT is working.
> Perhaps we do not need extra read_param(),
> and use only NAND_CMD_RNDOUT to get next
> block inside page loop.

Again, I'm a reluctant to use RNDOUT in the default read_param() because
that would change the flow for all controllers and chips, and while the
chip manual I'm looking at says it's OK, it introduces risk that it
doesn't work everywhere (e.g. some controller drivers that provide their
own cmdfunc don't implement RNDOUT).

-Scott