[U-Boot] Regarding learning reference of uboot loading secondary uboot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat May 23 21:12:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 23 May 2015 at 13:02, Maddimsetty Pratap <pratapnaidu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>               Thanks for you quick reply and sorry for the confusion over
> forum,here is my request for help
>
>              1)  Do you know any repository which had already did it
> "verify second u-boot signature" over beaglebone.

I'm not sure if this was done or not. You could look in cros/amxx here:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/u-boot/+/chromeos-v2013.06

or a newer version that doesn't currently support beaglebone.

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/u-boot/+/chromeos-v2015.07-rc1

The Chrome OS implementation uses the same crypto but has custom
binary data structures. I'm working a bit on trying to bridge the gap
but we are not there yet.

So the easiest way to make this work is probably to use the FIT
signature verification and put your second U-Boot into the FIT. That
should handle the verification and then after it loads you can turn
off the cache and jump to it. It already works on Beaglebone and the
only difference is that it is currently set up to load a kernel, but
you want to load U-Boot.

>              2) Please verify and confirm the following link, if i was going
> in the right direction.
>
> http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/u-boot.git;a=commit;h=b9e8864294d8f2143ce17b4e0d4ba019b6348199
>
> Thanks,
> pratap