[U-Boot] Fwd: Marvell Armada XP u-boot from uart

Konstantin Lezhnyev konst.ru at gmail.com
Tue May 26 10:34:35 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Konstantin Lezhnyev <konst.ru at gmail.com>
Date: 2015-05-26 13:30 GMT+05:00
Subject: Re: [U-Boot] Marvell Armada XP u-boot from uart
To: Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de>

I'm sorry, the wording of my question was too short.
I have already fulfilled the steps described in the article.
But the article describes loading of the image from manufacturer - it is not
my case.
1. I create a configuration for my board from maxbcm config.
2. Set `BOOT_FROM` parameter in board\my\kwbimage.cfg to `uart`.
3. Set DDR timings/settings.
4. Upload and execute image via uart.
5. Memory training ended successfully.

But then I get the following messages in the terminal:
|  >>spl:board_init_r()
|  boot device - 8
|  SPI probe failed.

Boot device 8 - constant `BOOT_DEVICE_SPI`.
Function code returns this value looks like:
|  u32 spl_boot_device(void)
|  {
|   /* Right now only booting via SPI NOR flash is supported */
|   return BOOT_DEVICE_SPI;
|  }

And now I repeat my question:
>Is it possible to load and boot Marvell Armada XP u-boot completely from
uart without spi or nand flash?

Regards,
  kon5t.