[U-Boot] soft-i2c and i2c-gpio issues with at91

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed May 27 00:40:05 CEST 2015

Hi Matt,

On 26 May 2015 at 11:23, Matt Wood <mattwood2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Simon.  Getting there, but now I get a data abort and system reset when trying to set the i2c bus.  I need to chase this down, but if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Suggest putting your reply at the bottom so people on the mailing list
can follow it.

> Below is the output of dm tree and dm uclass.
>
> Thanks, Matt.
>
> U-Boot> i2c dev 3
> Setting bus to 3
> data abort
> pc : [<3ff714a0>]          lr : [<3ff7148c>]
> reloc pc : [<26f194a0>]    lr : [<26f1948c>]

You can look in System.map to find that reloc pc, or even addr2line if you like.

This will probe your device. So check that your probe() method is
correct. You can post it here if you like.

> sp : 3fb52168  ip : 0000001f     fp : 00000000
> r10: 00000003  r9 : 3fb57ee0     r8 : 3ffa5588
> r7 : 3ff92ff4  r6 : 3fb581c8     r5 : 0000001f  r4 : 00000000
> r3 : 00000001  r2 : 00000000     r1 : 80000000  r0 : ea000016
> Flags: nzCv  IRQs off  FIQs off  Mode SVC_32
> Resetting CPU ...
>
> resetting ...
> RomBOOT
>
> U-Boot> dm tree
>  Class       Probed   Name
>  root        [ + ]    root_driver
>  simple_bus  [   ]    |-- ahb
>  simple_bus  [   ]    |   `-- apb
>  simple_bus  [   ]    |       `-- pinctrl at fc06a000
>  gpio        [   ]    |           |-- gpio at fc06a000
>  gpio        [   ]    |           |-- gpio at fc06b000
>  gpio        [   ]    |           |-- gpio at fc06c000
>  gpio        [   ]    |           `-- gpio at fc06d000
>  i2c         [   ]    `-- gpio-i2c at 1

Do you have a reg property? It should be the address of this I2C
peripheral in the memory map.