[U-Boot] Peach Pi Hangs

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Nov 3 17:16:27 CET 2015

Hi,

I have built the latest mailing u-boot for the Peach Pi (Chromebook 2
13"):

make peach-pi_defconfig; make; mkimage ...; vbutil_kernel ...;

u-boot itself loads fine. I can ext2load the itb file (zImage+DTB),
iminfo looks good, but when I issue bootm it shows the image info
then hangs forever at:

Starting kernel ...

If I take the same itb file and put it through vbutil_kernel, then dd
that onto the kernel partition, that boots fine, which implies that
the itb file itself is good.

What am I missing here?

On older devices when I had a problem like this it was due to things
like machid not being set correctly. From my understanding, the rough
equivalent of this with FDT is that the wrong is being used. Except
that the ITB file works when used alone (with vboot headers), it only
breaks when being loaded from u-boot.

Could this be caused by the u-boot DTB and the kernel DTB disagreeing?
u-boot's exynos5800-peach-pi.dts is not the same as the kernel's
exynos5422-peach-pi.dts (ChromeOS 3.8.11 kernel branch doesn't have a
exynos5800-peach-pi.dts file, and u-boot doesn't have the
exynos5422-peach-pi.dts). Is this the likely cause? What can I do to
make this work?

Gordan