[U-Boot] Cyclone 5 U-boot 2015.10

Simon Brown simon.k.brown at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:03:03 CET 2015

Ok, that seems to have helped - I think one problem I had was using
u-boot.img, not u-boot-dtb.img - what is the difference?

It now prints the U-boot startup prompt, followed by some information about
setup, up to DRAM: 1 GiB
then it says "Error binding driver 'gpio-dwapb'" three times, followed by
some other error messages:
>Some drivers failed to bind
>Error binding driver 'generic_simple_bus'
>Some drivers failed to bind
finishing with "initcall sequence 3ffb1ce4 failed at call 010031bf(err=-1)".

As regards not configuring SD card until after we boot - we made the
decision to use an EMMC chip rather than an SD card, but no means of
programming it without Linux!

Anyway, will try and workout what the above errors signify.
Kind regards,

Simon