[U-Boot] Rpi Uboot not working ; USB keyboard undetected

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 12:25:14 CET 2015

Hi,

On 26-11-15 01:38, Stefan Bruens wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 November 2015 16:55:54 Sumeet Jauhar wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am new to Rpi and for a project I need to install Uboot for Rpi. For
>> starters I installed Raspbian-jessie to the pi and it worked fine. Now I am
>> attempting to use uboot but I don't succeed. I am trying to follow the
>> instructions http://elinux.org/RPi_U-Boot  and
>> http://arrizza.org/wiki/index.php/RPI_U-boot . Here is what i have done so
>> far.
>
> There seems to be a problem with the RPi and USB Low-speed and Full-speed
> devices. The following did work (480Mbps capable):
>
> - several USB memory sticks
> - USB 3.0/2.0 SDHC card reader
> - RTL2832u based DVB-T stick
> - Haupage PCTV 290e DVB-T2 stick
>
> Following did not work:
> - several mice/keyboards (12Mbps/1.5Mbps)
> - several USB/serial adapters
>    * PL2303 (12Mbps)
>    * Cypress CYC765211 (12Mbps)
> - USB audio noname device (12Mbps)

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the rpi usb controller, but AFAIK the rpi uses
an onboard usb-2 hub, when talking to usb-1 devices attached to a usb-2
hub you must address the tt in the first usb-2 hub upstream of the
usb-1 device. See e.g.:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=4e2c4ad3604ba6f5053090749d64ed3ce5914805
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=fcdd8aaa48dfcac492cbac5436d9edc3f5928325

And also, for a controller which AFAICT is closer to the rpi usb controller:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=e740ca3cab93a8cb31d870bffecd6aa8eadf44e1

Note that the last 2 commits both do a bunch of magic to translate from usb_device
pointers to dm device pointers and back, not sure if the rpi usb controller code
has been converted to dm yet, but if it has that is a likely culprit.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hans