[U-Boot] ls1021atwr reset issue (was [ANN] U-Boot v2015.10-rc4 released)

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Thu Oct 1 21:33:57 CEST 2015

On 01/10/15 03:17 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
>>> The imx platforms do not use dts in U-boot yet.

>>> Looks good. 2015.10 release is only a few days away: do you think you
>>> could implement your proposal for the upcoming release?
>> That seems rather large.  Is there something we can revert today so
>> that:
>> a) All boards in v2015.07 continue to work in v2015.10 as well as before
>> b) Any new boards are not introduced in a totally broken state?
> Agreed; I prefer to revert the watchdog changes and break ls102x than
> introduce such big change.
   Otavio, please note that the watchdog changes that are committed that
we are referring
to broke ls102x. So if you revert those as you suggest here you would
have ls102x working
again but it would break imx6 which the commit was for.

   Perhaps what you meant is, let's leave ls1021atwr broken and not
change anything for now.
I think this is something Tom will probably have to decide. I would
prefer we don't have anything
known broken before the main release.

   Regards
   Sinan Akman