[U-Boot] Porting UBI fixes (specially fastmap's) to U-Boot

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Sat Oct 3 06:27:46 CEST 2015

Hello,

Am 02.10.2015 um 20:46 schrieb Richard Weinberger:
> Hi!
>
> Am 02.10.2015 um 18:27 schrieb Ezequiel Garcia:
>> Hello Heiko,
>>
>> According to Richard Weinberger, UBI fastmap is broken in U-Boot.
>> There are plenty
>> of fixes in Linux that we should pull in U-Boot to fix it.

Thanks for pointing!

> BTW: it is not broken in terms of you broke it.

Puuh ;-)

In what way is it broken? If we update to 4.1, will ubi work (mount
an existing UBI partition with fastmap) on existing boards?

> It is just the old fastmap version. In v4.1 fastmap saw
> a massive update. Sadly this changes are a way to big for the stable tree.

What do you mean with "for the stable tree" ?

>> Maybe you are already aware of this and you have some work-in-progress
>> patches to share?
>> Otherwise, I might be able to spend some time working on this in the next weeks.
>
> I'll happily help you!

I am next week in Dublin on the ELCE so I have no time to look into
this issue ... maybe the week after ...

But you can try to update to 4.1 mainline linux (or maybe 4.2?)
I hope it is not too complicated ... I am sorry, I have no patches
prepared for this

bye,
Heiko