[U-Boot] U-Boot GPIO console command

Francisco Aguerre faguerre at controles.com
Fri Oct 2 22:03:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a rev B BeagleBone Black which I have been using for over a year
as a development platform for a pseudo-clone board we are developing. We
are using QNX as our OS.

Lately I have been tinkering with U-Boot to learn how the boot process
works and configure our board properly. I cloned the U-boot git
repository and built the 2015.10-rc2 version. The board boots fine and
now the MPU frequency gets configured at 1GHz, but the thing is that the
gpio console command doesn't seem to work anymore.

Previously I used the 2013.04 version of U-Boot and could toggle leds
using the gpio comand (i.e. "gpio toggle 54" ), but now the same command
just returns an error message "Command 'gpio' failed: Error -22".

Is there anything I've missed to make this command work properly? For
building u-boot I used the am335x_boneblack_defconfig configuration.

Regards,

Francisco