[U-Boot] U-Boot malloc implementation on arm - problem after relocation

mar.krzeminski mar.krzeminski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:25:35 CEST 2015

W dniu 07.10.2015 o 19:38, Andreas Färber pisze:
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Am 07.10.2015 um 15:58 schrieb Marcin Krzemiński:
>> Since I use qemu it
>> is very hard to debug with gdb u-boot after relocation( or I do not know
>> how to do it), so I am almost blind.
> QEMU has a built-in gdb stub that you can just connect to as gdb remote
> target, similar to how you would connect to a JTAG adapter's gdb server.
> See documentation of qemu-system-arm -gdb and -s options.
>
> It should behave the same as with a physical remote target, otherwise
> please report to qemu-devel or a suitable bug tracker.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am debugging under qemu, and I can debug easily just to a moment
before relocation.
If I reload symbols to my relocation address qemu does not stop at
breakpoints (after I reinserted them).
As I understand qemus list there is a problem with relocated code.
Anyway, you're right I'll ask.
Regarding my problem, debugging with prints showed me that it fails when
malloc tries to extend top area,
and the top pointer seem to be in SDRAM.
If I do not use malloc before relocation (with enabled malloc_f) all
seems to work just fine.

Regards,
Marcin