[U-Boot] [RFC] odroid DTB support

Guillaume Gardet guillaume.gardet at free.fr
Fri Oct 9 14:35:24 CEST 2015

Le 09/10/2015 14:23, Przemyslaw Marczak a écrit :
> Hello Guillaume,
>
> On 10/09/2015 02:11 PM, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
>> Hi Przemyslaw,
>>
>> I would like to add DTB support for odroid board to be able to boot
>> upstream kernel easily.
>>
>> I see 2 ways to do it:
>> * Add CONFIG_ENV_VARS_UBOOT_RUNTIME_CONFIG support to set 'board_rev'
>> and 'board_name' env vars. Then, you need a 'findfdt' script to check
>> 'board_rev' and set fdtfile accordingly (as done for OMAP4 panda board)
>> * Set fdtfile name directly (as done for rpi or igep00x0).
>>
>> What would you prefer?
>>

>> Guillaume
>>

> Is, that the reason of adding the boot script by your last patches?

No, we need a boot script, because this is the way we boot our openSUSE images (we boot with an initrd and some special bootargs).

> If, yes then it's not needed. Odroid supports mainline kernel booting.
>
> Just put kernel image and fdt file with it's proper (default) name to boot partition and wait for autoboot command to execute. This just work with defaults.

I cannot find where fdtfile is defined. Could you point me, please?
I only found it for XU3 version. Not for U3/X2 version.
Maybe, it is in DFU infos? If so, how to get fdtfile info, so that we can boot from our bootscript?

> Also you can use itb image, to have a single boot image.

No, we use zImage + DTB + initrd from a bootscript.

Guillaume