[U-Boot] [RFC] odroid DTB support

Guillaume Gardet guillaume.gardet at free.fr
Mon Oct 12 10:54:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

Le 12/10/2015 01:45, Tom Rini a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 02:35:24PM +0200, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
>>
>> Le 09/10/2015 14:23, Przemyslaw Marczak a écrit :

>>> Is, that the reason of adding the boot script by your last patches?
>> No, we need a boot script, because this is the way we boot our
>> openSUSE images (we boot with an initrd and some special bootargs).
> Hang on, exynos stuff uses the generic distro hooks.  Can you take a
> look at doc/README.distro and see what openSUSE can hook into / provide
> some feedback on what needs doing?  Thanks!

This is true for odroid XU3 (Exynos5 based) but Odroid U3/X2 (Exynos4 based) has no generic distro hooks at the moment.

What we need:
* Boot on boot.scr (mainly to define kernel name, initrd name and bootargs)
* Use (pre-defined) fdtfile, or be able to define it manually if not already set (or not in sync with Linux kernel)

Guillaume