[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.10-rc5 released

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 15 09:28:45 CEST 2015

Dear Tom,

In message <20151015004002.GX23893 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> I'm just not sure what to do about CONFIG_API some days.  I know one use
> case is for GRUB but I'd like to move away from that if possible
> (distros should be doing the generic distro bits and extlinux.conf).
> After that, I'm only hazily aware of the real use-cases.

The major use case (as I understand it) are the FreeBSD users
who need this API for booting.  I'm adding Rafal and Bartek to Cc:
as they should know best if this interface is still in wide use.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Software entities are more complex for their size  than  perhaps  any
other human construct because no two parts are alike. If they are, we
make  the  two  similar parts into a subroutine -- open or closed. In
this respect, software  systems  differ  profoundly  from  computers,
buildings, or automobiles, where repeated elements abound.
                                                   - Fred Brooks, Jr.