[U-Boot] u-boot hangs

Andrea Di Chiara andrea.dichiara at teseo.com
Mon Oct 26 11:04:12 CET 2015

Hi,
I'm working on a var-som-mx6 board with an original kernel version
3.0.35 that I have updated to a 3.14.28 version builded with Yocto
Dizzy. It seems all ok but, sometimes, after software or hardware reboot
the system hangs on u-boot. It seems some issue with environment
variables cause, when loading reaches u-boot prompt, sometimes it hangs
after executing "printenv" or some other command.

Before that problem I have seen messages like these: "*** Warning - bad
CRC, using default environment" or "## Warning: Unknown environment
variable access method '@'". What could these mean? What could be the
problem?

All those problems don't appear if I turn-off and turn-on the board by
main switch, In these cases it always load successfully and I can access
without any problem to u-boot environment variables.

thank you again for the attention
best regards
Andrea

Software Department
software at teseo.com

TESEO spa            via Agnelli, 49              63023 FERMO (FM) ITALY
Tel. +39 0734 628818   --    Fax. +39 0734 628816

Disclaimer: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Do not read this if you are not the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission by mistake destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.