[U-Boot] Newbie to u-boot needs help! Please help if you can

Kevin Alexander kevalexuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 00:13:00 CET 2016

 Hello
I am making a bigeffort to try to acquire knowledge regarding embedded Linux. Myprimary reference is the book entitled 'Embedded Linux Primer, SecondEdition A Practical, Real-World Approach' by Christopher Hallinan,published 2010
I have reachedchapter 7, 'Bootloaders', and I am having a few problems with thischapter. In section 7.3 it starts to make mention of u-boot. Aftergit cloning and examining the latest u boot source tree, it isapparent that the description in the book about how to configure andbuild u-boot is not congruent the latest u-boot source tree. Cansomeone reply to this message, or  point me to a(nother) mailing list(s),wikis or urls that would allow me to acquire a good understanding onhow configure and build u-boot as represented by the latest u-bootsource tree.

Many thanks in advance