[U-Boot] Chain-loading u-boot stopped working between 2016.01-rc1 and 2016.01-rc4

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jan 20 10:51:07 CET 2016

Hi Pavel,

On 20.01.2016 10:31, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I'm loading u-boot using tftp from u-boot 2013.01. Marek will claim
> that this configuration is unsupported, but it enables fairly quick
> development and was very useful for me in past.

Yes, I use this chainloading also quite frequently on some platforms.
It should generally work on platforms with SPL support. Where the
preloader / SPL / BootROM has initialized the base HW and the SDRAM.
So that the U-Boot proper can get loaded into SDRAM. So it should
also work on SoCFPGA. I have to admit, that I haven't tested it
lately on SoCFPGA though.

> Unfortunately, it stopped working between 2016.01-rc1 and -rc4. Before
> I start bisecting it, I wanted to ask if someone has idea what might
> be responsible?

As mentioned above, I've not tested on this platform lately, sorry.
But I assume that you also test the latest release version, yes?
And current master as well. Also failing there?

Thanks,
Stefan