[U-Boot] ARMv7 Execution Flow

James Chargin jimccrown at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:38:48 CEST 2016

Hi James,

On 06/05/2016 08:48 PM, Lokesh Vutla wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Saturday 04 June 2016 12:25 AM, James Pollard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a new U-Boot user. I'm trying to follow the flow of execution for the
>> ARMv7 architecture, and have found myself running into confusion.

I've found, in my similar explorations for other architectures, that the
link map can provide clues to where a particular function is linked from.

In this case, based on the reply from Lokesh, I'd imagine the link map
would show no definition. Also, perhaps there is an objdump option to
display this info.

I've noticed however, since the change to Kbuild, the names of all files
contributing to the final link are "build-in.o" which decreases the
usefulness of the link map for this purpose.

Jim
--
Jim Chargin
AJA Video Systems                       jimc at aja.com