[U-Boot] U-Boot on Minnowboard Max

vinoth eswaran evinoth1206 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:48:16 CEST 2016

Hello Bin,

>> Now I am seeing another issue , the USB3.0 port (bottom) is not
>> working. I am sure that both ports are working fine with UEFI
>> Firmware. I tested by connecting a mouse to the USB port , in the
>> USB2.0 port (upper) it is working fine but in the USB3.0 port the
>> mouse is not getting detected. I am not sure why it is happening. I
>> looked into the kernel logs but I didn't get any error/debug messages.
>> Can you please check this on your board also.
>>

> Do you mean xHCI is not working under U-Boot? xHCI is not enabled in
> U-Boot yet. IIRC, U-Boot's xHCI driver does not support Intel
> controller yet.
     No, The USB port is not detecting any devices. In the board only
the upper USB port detects the hardware like USB-mouse and
USB-keyboard .,
The lower port is not detecting any hardwares. Ya I am seeing that
eXHCI driver being used, but atleast both ports should detect the USB
2.0devices.

In the minnowmx.h file the maximum controller count is defined to be
1. May I know what it corresponds to?

#undef CONFIG_USB_MAX_CONTROLLER_COUNT
#define CONFIG_USB_MAX_CONTROLLER_COUNT        1

Thanks & Regards,
Vinothkumar