[U-Boot] moveconfig.py removes defconfig entries for "choice" Kconfig settings ?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Jun 11 16:07:33 CEST 2016

Hi All,

While looking into adding a DISTRO_DEFAULTS Kconfig option,
I noted that commit bb597c0eeb7e besides introducing the
BOOT_DELAY issues we've been discussing also removes

CONFIG_MACH_SUN4I=y

 From the defconfig of all sun4i (Allwinner A10) based boards.

This is defined in  board/sunxi/Kconfig :

choice
         prompt "Sunxi SoC Variant"

config MACH_SUN4I
         bool "sun4i (Allwinner A10)"
         select CPU_V7
         select SUNXI_GEN_SUN4I
         select SUPPORT_SPL

config MACH_SUN5I
         bool "sun5i (Allwinner A13)"
         select CPU_V7
         select SUNXI_GEN_SUN4I
         select SUPPORT_SPL

config MACH_SUN6I
         bool "sun6i (Allwinner A31)"
         select CPU_V7
         select CPU_V7_HAS_NONSEC
         select CPU_V7_HAS_VIRT
         select SUNXI_GEN_SUN6I
         select SUPPORT_SPL
         select ARMV7_BOOT_SEC_DEFAULT if OLD_SUNXI_KERNEL_COMPAT

endchoice

And it seems that moveconfig.py now has decided to remove
the explicit setting of this from all defconfig's which
were setting it to the first choice, this seems wrong,
since this means that if we now choose to sort choice
options differently all of a sudden things change.

I guess this may be caused by:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=1a5f0de08e86f2f127aaac928fee5ea0f2a9236e

But that commit in itself seems sensible, and this
seems like a surprising result, since there is no
default defined in the Kconfig.

Anyways if this considered not a bug from the
moveconfig.py pov then I'll revert the above commit,
as I do want the sun?i family to be clearly stated in the
defconfig in all cases.

Regards,

Hans