[U-Boot] BOOT_DELAY broken

Sergey Kubushyn ksi at koi8.net
Sun Jun 12 23:19:50 CEST 2016

OK, it is broken in last commit. Totally broken.

I can NOT get my custom board to stop at all. "CONFIG_BOOTDELAY=3" added
to my board defconfig doesn't change anything. Even changing default to
3 from 0 in common/Kconfig doesn't help.

Putting "CONFIG_BOOTDELAY 3" in my board config in /include/configs
makes gcc to output a whole lot of warning that it is redefined but it
_DOES_ work.

I do NOT have time chasing this -- I'm in firefighting mode now with 14
hours workdays because of this Tuesday deadline -- but guys, WTF!?

I could understand somebody submitting such a stupid patch affecting
_HUNDREDS_ of boards without thinking of consequences but why had it
been accepted and applied to uboot-master right away? There are other
things that are broken and won't compile but trivial one-line patches
fixing that breakage are silently ignored but such a enormous screwup
leaving holes all over is accepted right away without any checking...

Please do _NOT_ make such things any more. And if you do care please
take my vehement NACK to this entire thing. I suggest it would be better
to rollback that patch in its entirety -- there is too much work to fix
the damage and there is absolutely no reason for this change at all in
the first place.

Sorry for ranting but I simply could not stand it...

---