[U-Boot] MinnowMax GPIO for USB3

George McCollister george.mccollister at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:36:34 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My testing shows that only pin_usb_host_en1 is needed to turn on the
>>> power on the USB3 port. The USB2 port power is turned on by default.
>>>

>> Seems I was confused by the GPIO pin number mapping. pin_usb_host_en1
>> is used to control the USB2 port, while pin_usb_host_en0 is for USB3
>> port. So I should say:
>>
>> My testing shows that only pin_usb_host_en1 is needed to turn on the
>> power on the USB2 (upper white) port. The USB3 (bottom blue) port
>> power is turned on by default.
>>
>> [snip]
>
> vinoth eswaran confirmed removing pin_usb_host_en0 node from device
> tree makes both usb ports work.
>
> However, that is just covering the real bug [1] here. Will you take
> time to prepare a patch that fixes the gpio driver?

I re-worked my patch to fix the gpio driver only to discover that
pinctrl_ich6 uses it's own function ich6_pinctrl_set_value. This is
the problem with having these driver separate... Even if we were to
change pinctrl_ich6 to do something similar (keep a cache of each
banks value) the pin values could still be lost if they changed any
gpio in the same bank with the gpio driver. I'll need to look at it a
bit longer, maybe I'll come up with a solution.