[U-Boot] u-boot for Galileo board

Liu, Changcheng changcheng.liu at intel.com
Thu Jun 16 13:22:11 CEST 2016

Hi all,

    I have some questions about the u-boot for Galileo2 board.

    1. Code: https://github.com/LeMaker/u-boot (it's for Galileo board which could be ported for Galileo2 board)

    2. Confusing at the building process.

           a. objcopy  --gap-fill=0xff -O binary -R .start16 -R .resetvec u-boot u-boot.bin

               Question: Why the ".resetvec" section should be removed since it's placed at "0xffffffff0" section according to arch/x86/cpu/u-boot.lds?

           b. cat u-boot.bin dts/dt.dtb > u-boot-dtb.bin

               Question:

               I think ROM is layout at the top of the physical address and quark x1000 SoC will fetch instruction from  FFFF_FFF0H after being power on. If dts/dt.dtb is appended after u-boot.bin, how could the content is effective at FFFF_FFF0H?

B.R.
Changcheng