[U-Boot] U-boot Minnowmax Turbot SPI flash time

vinoth eswaran evinoth1206 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:53:52 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
> +Simon, Jagan,
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:55 PM, vinoth eswaran <evinoth1206 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Mr.Bin,
>>
>>  In the file minnowmax_defconfig for SPI flash I am seeing many
>> configurations getting enabled,
>>
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH=y
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_GIGADEVICE=y
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_MACRONIX=y
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_STMICRO=y
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_WINBOND=y
>>
>> Do we need all the configurations and also I have seen a patch
>> regarding this but not included in the mainline,
>>
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2015-November/235822.html
>>
>> For Minnowmax Turbot , can I use only the following configuration?
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH=y
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_STMICRO=y
>>

> Sure.

I am using SPI Hook to flash the u-boot.rom. In the SPI Hook log , I
am seeing that the flash driver is Winbond and not STMICRO,

flashrom v0.9.8-r1888 on Linux 3.11.0-26-generic (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.V" (8192 kB, SPI) on ft2232_spi.

Then I should enable CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_WINBOND and not
CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_STMICRO right??