[U-Boot] u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 24 08:33:31 CEST 2016

Dear Venkatesh,

In message <CAONbAMs0goUd+46fmcgu6KA+=Tqs0LTTv0iPKRM1vOC43JOKng at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Is there any possibility to modify the code and load the kernel at the end
> of the first stage boot so that i can skipp of the 2nd stage boot loader.

Well - in U-Boot terminology, the 1st stage loader is the ROM boot
loader (RBL).  I am not aware of systems where the RBL can directly
load and start a Linux kernel in a somewhat sane way.  So you will
always need at least the U-Boot SPL.  But you can avoid loading and
running the full-blown U-Boot itself - this is what Falcon Mode does.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a
sence of humor to console him for what he is.          - Fancis Bacon