[U-Boot] mkimage can't read .tmp

Tom Van Deun tom.vandeun at wapice.com
Tue Jun 28 08:50:12 CEST 2016

Hello all

I have been trying to create a FIT image using mkimage using the command:

mkimage -D "-I dts -O dtb -p 2000" -f name.its name.fit

The output is:

DTC: dts->dtb  on file "name.its"
mkimage: Can't read name.fit.tmp: Invalid argument
mkimage Can't add hashes to FIT blob

No matter what I try, which arguments I add or remove or which modifications I make to the its file, I keep getting this output. Unfortunately I can't find much on Google for this exact issue. I found someone who solved the issue by installing DTC, but that is not the issue in my case.

Uboot development tools, DTC and mkimage are all at the latest version.

Does anyone have any idea what other issues might be causing this behavior?

Kind regards
Tom