[U-Boot] chainloading u-boot on an acer cb5 chromebook (nyan_big)

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 3 08:37:27 CEST 2016

On Mon, 2016-05-02 at 12:22 -0700, Thomas Hoff wrote:
> Thanks Simon!
>
> Hey Sjoerd,
>
> Were you able to chainboot u-boot for your acer cb5?

Yes, that's what the Nyan big in kernelci does constantly :).

The trick is using the description from the mail Simon linked to, but
making sure the offset is aligned. You can do that by tweaking the
description in the FIT image which is put before the u-boot blob
("kernel") to make SYS_TEXT_BASE at a nice offset.

The other bit you need is the patch Tomeu quite send some time ago to
disable EAE (can't remember if that got merged in the end).

There is an older u-boot branch here that should work:
  https://git.collabora.com/cgit/user/tomeu/u-boot.git/log/?h=nyan-big

--
Sjoerd Simons
Collabora Ltd.