[U-Boot] Partition UUIDs in U-Boot and Linux (blkid vs 'part list')

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon May 9 18:08:23 CEST 2016

On 05/07/2016 11:51 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find that blkid provides different output from 'part list' and I'm
> not sure why:

"part list" prints partition UUIDs (from the partition table), whereas I
/think/ blkid prints filesystem UUIDs (from the fs superblock).

The kernel will accept either on its cmdline root= parameter, but you
have to tell it which you're using, e.g. root=PARTUUID=partition_uuid,
or IIRC root=UUID=fs_uuid.